Addiction Medicine for Non-Specialists 2019
Oakstone Specialty Review
- Oakstone Price: $695.
- Format: 14 Video Files (.mp4 format) + 2 PDF files.
- File Size: 2.29 GB.
- Download Link Below.
This post contains protected content. You must contact us to unlock it.
Explore Key Topics
Addiction Medicine for Non-Specialists is a case-based, comprehensive look at the most relevant information on the identification and management of substance use disorders. Led by Christopher W. Shanahan, MD, MPH, this CME course covers major substances used — alcohol, opioids, stimulants, benzodiazepines, tobacco/nicotine, and cannabis — and defines longitudinal, comprehensive and coordinated care strategies. It will help you to better:
- Define addiction in terms of it being a relapsing and chronic disease
- Distinguish between pharmacologic, medical, and behavioral strategies for opioid use treatment
- Outline approaches to identify and treat substance use in adolescents and adults
- Identify the commonly occurring infectious diseases seen in patients with addictions
- Compare prescribing patterns for patients with acute and chronic pain
- Classify psychiatric disorders that coexist with substance use disorders
Available online or via audio MP3 CDs, Addiction Medicine for Non-Specialists provides a maximum of 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™ and 12.5 ABIM MOC points. You get access to unbiased, evidence-based content and case-based reviews so you can expand your knowledge and incorporate the latest guidelines into your daily practice.
- Addiction: A Progressive Relapsing Chronic Disease – David Fiellin, MD
- Identification and Initial Management of Unhealthy Alcohol and Other Drug Use – Richard Saitz, MD, MPH
- Harm Reduction Including Overdose and Its Prevention – Christopher W. Shanahan, MD, MPH, FACP
- Management of Acute Intoxication, Withdrawal, and Early Recovery, and Perioperative Care in Persons with Unsafe Use of Licit and Illicit Substances – Zoe M. Weinstein, MD, MS
- Alcohol Use Disorder: Assessment and Treatment – Richard Saitz, MD, MPH
- Opioids: Pharmacologic, Medical, and Behavioral Characteristics and Long-Term Management – Daniel P. Alford, MD, MPH
- Stimulants: Pharmacologic, Medical, and Behavioral Characteristics and Long-Term Management – Alexander Y. Walley, MD, MSc
- Benzodiazepine Use Disorder – Tae Woo Park, MD
- Substance Use Across the Life Span: A Focus on Adolescent Alcohol, Nicotine, and Cannabis Use – Nicholas Chadi, MD, MPH
- Tobacco/Nicotine: Pharmacologic, Medical, and Behavioral Characteristics and Long-Term Management – Hasmeena Kathuria, MD
- Pain and Addiction: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Management – Phoebe A. Cushman, MD, MS
- Addiction and Psychiatric Co-Morbidity – John A. Renner, Jr., MD
- Office-Based Systems for Safer Opioid Prescribing for Acute and Chronic Pain and Long-Term Treatment of Substance Use Disorder in the Primary Care Setting (Alcohol, Opioids, Stimulants, Tobacco) – Christopher W. Shanahan, MD, MPH, FACP
- Value-Driven Priorities for Addressing Infectious Consequences of the Opioid Crisis – Benjamin Linas, MD