This CME teaching activity is designed to provide a clinical perspective of multi-parametric prostate MRI and MR guided biopsy of the prostate gland. A multidisciplinary faculty discuss the different diagnostic tools and methods used to diagnose and manage prostate cancer. In addition, an in depth discussion on the advantages of multi-parametric MRI reveals the future of this exciting new tool. A review of image guided biopsy procedures compare the advantages and pitfalls of each. The faculty for this series have been chosen for their teaching ability, as well as for their clinical expertise.
This post contains protected content. You must contact us to unlock it.
This program is designed to educate physicians who diagnose and treat prostate disease: Radiologists, Urologists and Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists and any other physicians that diagnose and treat prostate cancer.
Physicians: Educational Symposia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Educational Symposia designates this enduring material for a maximum of 12.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Credits awarded for these enduring activities are designated
“SA-CME” by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) and qualify toward
fulfilling requirements for Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part II:
Lifelong Learning and Self-assessment.
All CME course participants are required to pass a written or online test with a minimum score of 70% in order to be awarded credit. (Exam materials, if ordered, will be sent with your CME order.) All CME course participants will also have the opportunity to critically evaluate the program as it relates to practice relevance and educational objectives.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM for these programs may be claimed until June 30, 2019.
This CME activity was planned and produced by Educational Symposia, the leader in diagnostic imaging education since 1975.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essential Areas and Elements.
At the completion of this CME activity, subscribers should be able to:
No special educational preparation is required for this CME activity
01. Introduction-The Prostate MRI Syzygy – John F. Feller, M.D..mp4
02. PSA in 2013 The Good, The Bad and The Ugly – Scott Eggener, M.D..mp4
03. Defining Clinically Significant Disease in Prostate Cancer – Hashim Ahmed, MRCS, BMH, BCh.mp4
04. Understanding the Risk of Unrecognized Prostate Cancer – J. Stephen Jones, M.D., FACS, MBA.mp4
05. MRI of the Prostate in Patients Undergoing Radical Prostatectomy or Active Surveillance – Scott Eggener, M.D..mp4
06. Transforming the Diagnostic and Therapeutic Pathway in Prostate Cancer – Hashim Ahmed, MRCS, BMH, BCh.mp4
07. Multi-parametric Prostate MRI Indications, Technique and Structured Reporting – Daniel J. Margolis, M.D..mp4
08. Multi-parametric Prostate MRI What the Urologist Wants to Know – Peter A. Pinto, M.D..mp4
09. Multi-parametric Prostate MRI What the Radiation Oncologist Wants to Know – Mack Roach III, M.D., FACR, FACR.mp4
10. Establishing an MRI Based Prostate Cancer Program – John F. Feller, M.D..mp4
11. Use of MRI for Surgical andor Radiation Therapy Planning of Prostate Cancer – Daniel J. Margolis, M.D..mp4
12. Multi-Parametric Prostate MRI and Pathology Correlation for Prostate Cancer – Peter A. Pinto, M.D..mp4
13. MR-Guided Prostate Biopsy.mp4
14. Overview of Image-Guided Prostate Biopsy – Stuart T. May, M.D..mp4
15. Image-Guided Biopsy of Prostate Cancer Implications for Diagnosis and Therapy – Peter A. Pinto, M.D..mp4
16. Understanding Limitations of Trans-Rectal and Trans-Perineal Biopsy Techniques – J. Stephen Jones, M.D., FACS, MBA.mp4
17. Use of MRI for Prostate Biopsy Planning Using MR-Ultrasound Fusion Software and Direct MR Guidance – Daniel J. Margolis, M.D..mp4
18. MR-Guided Prostate Biopsy Tips and Tricks – Stuart T. May, M.D..mp4
19. Overview of Surgery and Surveillance for Prostate Cancer – Scott Eggener, M.D..mp4
20. Overview of Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer – Mack Roach III, M.D., FACR, FACR.mp4
21. Rationale of Focal Therapy in Low-Risk Prostate Cancer – Scott Eggener, M.D..mp4
22. MR-Guided Focal Laser Ablation of Prostate Cancer – John F. Feller, M.D..mp4
23. Tissue Preserving Focal Therapy in Localized Prostate Cancer – Hashim Ahmed, MRCS, BMH, BCh.mp4
24. Lessons Learned from Real-Time Image-Guided Cryoablation – J. Stephen Jones, M.D., FACS, MBA.mp4